In every organization, large or small, a massive amount of Big Data is generated every day—and is largely ignored. Typically, this data is spread out on individual systems and/or in disparate tools managed by multiple teams within organizational silos. Both the sheer amount of this data, as well as its disparate nature, cause significant challenges when it comes time to troubleshoot a given issue or security threat. Multiple teams such as application, network, and infrastructure engineers get involved in locating, isolating, and remediating any issues. This is both time consuming and problematic, as it focuses on fighting fires as they are occurring to avoid catastrophic application failures, data loss, or security breaches.
It seems that hardly a day goes by without hearing or seeing a reference to Big Data and Analytics. It may seem as if these have become ubiquitous buzz words; however, harnessing and leveraging the power of data within an organization provides exponential returns in the form of new opportunities, new markets, innovations, and organizational efficiencies.
From ordering a coffee at your local coffee shop to operating the most complex organizations on earth, massive amounts of Big Data are being generated each day, and organizations are struggling to make sense of it.
Many companies have set strategic initiatives to increase the use of Big Data & Analytics; however, they struggle with how and where to get started. Where do we start? What technologies do we use? How do we get value from data? What data is valuable?
How HighVail can help
HighVail Systems can help you sift through the buzz words, helping you to plan and execute a strategy that leverages the power of analytics. With our help, you can effectively extract actionable insights and transform your organization. With HighVail, Big Data and Analytics are more than buzz words: they are building blocks to achieve transformative results for your organization.
- Hadoop platform design and deployment for Enterprise Data Lakes
- Data migration, cleansing, and preparation
- Integration with existing systems
- Operational Analytics for log, security, and applications
- Quickly see value from your data and reduce risk associated with deployment
- Maximize return on your investment
Here are some examples:
- Increase Sales and build customer loyalty
- Sally Beauty increased sales by 38% and their loyalty membership renewal rate by 15% using Alteryx
- Detect and automate responses to potential security threats
- Interac used Splunk to create a flexible, integrated security platform, improving their security posture while saving approximately $500,000 per year
- Optimize inventory levels to increase profitability.
- Home Depot leveraged Alteryx to optimize their inventory levels, returning 2% to their bottom line.
- Combine data to create a 360-degree of customers
- Rogers chose Hortonworks Data Platform to build a 360-degree of its customers across all its channels and businesses.
Whether you are just beginning your journey with Big Data, or looking to improve an existing project, let HighVail Systems help your team take the next steps to gain actionable intelligence from your data.
- According to The Economist, data has now surpassed oil as being the most valuable resource in the world. Data is constantly being generated by systems, applications, and people, and the volume, velocity, and variety of data is growing at an exponential rate.
- With the explosion of data, most organizations have placed Big Data and Analytics at the top of their ‘to-do list’. However, they struggle with how and where to get started or how to expand their existing use cases.
- Boston Consulting Group found on average, organizations that are leaders at extracting insights from Big Data generate 12% more revenue, have faster growth rates, and have a greater ability to innovate than their peers.