Location: Yonge and St. Clair, mid-town Toronto
Position Type: Full Time, Permanent
Job Tile/Position: Internal IT Support Specialist
Applications Accepted Via:
In subject line of email, indicate the position applied for.
Who We Are
HighVail (est. 2003) is a Solutions Integrator focused on Digital Transformation and IT Modernization, with an emphasis on Cloud, DevOps enablement and emerging technologies.
Our culture is focused on integrity, trust, creativity, advocacy, and most importantly, client satisfaction. More than just a team, we are a closely-knit family of professionals passionate about delivering advice that empowers, and technology that enables.
What You’ll Do
The Internal IT Support Specialist is responsible for timely and effective resolutions to end-user productivity issues. This will be accomplished by performing question/problem diagnoses, guiding users through to issue resolution, communicating technical solutions in user-friendly language, and conducting end-user training where necessary. The person in this role will need to provide exemplary customer service and software application support to internal customers with a wide variety of technical aptitude. Over time, the person in this role has the opportunity to grow into a client-facing Technical Specialist.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
- Application support with a focus on the Microsoft Suite of software solutions, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook) as well as other Microsoft applications (including OneDrive, SharePoint Online, Active Directory, DHCP, Dynamics CRM, Dynamics NAV).
- Manage collaboration solutions (e.g. Cisco Spark).
- Support for applications on multiple OS platforms (macOS, iOS, Windows, Linux).
- File storage, permission management, structure maintenance.
- Hosted services (e.g. Office 365, company website, DNS).
- Work with the technical team to help implement internal network and security requirements.
- Configure, maintain, and manage company phones (both landline and mobile).
- Maintain internal office infrastructure (phone systems, ISPs, access point management, user account management).
- Configure new hardware devices (e.g. laptops) and install relevant software.
- Resolve end-user application issues.
- Provide one-on-one end-user support and problem resolution via telephone, e-mail, and other vehicles of communication.
- Troubleshooting software, hardware, and network issues.
- SSL Certificate management and renewals.
- Empower employees to find the tools to find application solutions.
- Provide training to employees, teaching basic knowledge to minimize unnecessary tickets.
- Find ways to improve HighVail’s MIS and internal infrastructure.
- Compile, maintain, and file all repair records, reports, and other documents as required.
- Always maintain a high degree of professionalism, courteousness, and friendliness.
- Other tasks as required
What We Are Looking For
Very strong Microsoft application skills (Office Suite, OneDrive, Dynamics, etc.)
Technically sound but social people who are looking to collaborate with others
People who like a challenge – We are here to support you and help you grow!
Self-starters who are motivated to get the job done
Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
Mature, personable, friendly, and can work productively in a dynamic, progressing and growing environment
Ability to successfully multi-task, while staying organized and meeting deadlines
What You Get
Freedom to get your work done
Career and skill development opportunities, including company sponsored training
Varied work in which you will have regular learning opportunities
Competitive salary and benefits
Chance to participate in the HighVail ‘Excellence Club’ trip
Colleagues who care
Opportunities to work with a variety of technology across vendors
An entrepreneurial environment in which you can make a real difference
Equal Opportunity Statement
At HighVail, we understand that our differences help make us stronger. We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity for the benefit of each other, our customers, and our community. HighVail is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, colour, ethnic origin/ancestry, religion, sex/gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital/family status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.