Location: Yonge and St. Clair, mid-town Toronto
Position Type: Full Time, Permanent / Contract
Job Title/Position: Platform & DevOps Specialist
Applications Accepted Via:
In subject line of email, indicate the position applied for.
Who We Are
Founded in 2003 and with roots in IT infrastructure, HighVail Systems Inc. supports our clients as they navigate through complexities of modernizing traditional data center infrastructure and capitalizing on the value created by transformation. Modernizing platforms, application and data management solutions are our specialty.
Our culture is built on entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to excellence, caring for people, and dependability. More than just a team, we are a closely-knit family of professionals that are passionate about technology.
What You’ll Do
In joining our team, your responsibilities will involve client-facing activities, both in pre- and post- sales capacities, as well as internal functions related to both the operational infrastructure at HighVail as well as research, training and development efforts. Your primary duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
Be a SME around Dev/Ops, Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Version Control and Configuration Management (CM), Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Deployment (CD) using technologies such as Ansible, Puppet, Git, Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.
What We Are Looking For
- Strong Unix/Linux system administration skills (minimum 3 years)
- RHCSA/RHCE certification would be a great asset
- Experience with RHV, IdM, and Satellite would be an asset
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Ansible, Chef or an equivalent management tool used for CI/CD (minimum 1 year)
- Ability to provide input into solution design, development, build & deployment management and operation processes, and help to automate and streamline our customer needs
- Experience with version control systems such as Bitbucket/Git, TFS and other CI/CD tools e.g. Rundeck, Jenkins, Terraform, Kitchen, Packer, Vagrant, etc.
- Experience working in customer facing roles with capability working at a customer site
Great To Have
- Knowledge in containers such as Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm, Openshift
- Knowledge in cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud
What You Get
- Freedom to get your work done
- A Linux Academy account for personal growth and development
- Career and skill development opportunities
- To work with the operating system that you prefer
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Chances for fully paid trip
- A fully functioning lab environment to work in
- Colleagues who care
- Opportunities to work with a variety of partners and tech
- An entrepreneurial environment in which you can make a real difference
Equal Opportunity Statement
At HighVail, we understand that our differences help make us stronger. We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity for the benefit of each other, our customers, and our community. HighVail is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, colour, ethnic origin/ancestry, religion, sex/gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital/family status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.