Location: Yonge and St. Clair, mid-town Toronto
Position Type: Full Time, Permanent
Job Title/Position: Business Development Manager
Applications Accepted Via:
In subject line of email, indicate the position applied for.
Who We Are
Founded in 2003 and with roots in IT infrastructure, HighVail Systems Inc. supports our clients as they navigate through complexities of modernizing traditional data center infrastructure and capitalizing on the value created by transformation. Modernizing platforms, application and data management solutions are our specialty.
Our culture is built on entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to excellence, caring for people, and dependability. More than just a team, we are a closely-knit family of professionals that are passionate about technology.
What You’ll Do
The Business Development Manager works closely with the Sales and Marketing teams to identify and qualify opportunities. This is a new role that is integral to our growth strategy in developing new markets. The Business Development Manager role will be to drive demand to the company and build new markets for which we can provide our solutions.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
- Take appropriate actions to increase the visibility and stature of the organization.
- Work with staff from various departments to increase sales opportunities.
- Cold-call within a defined market or geographic area to ensure continual opportunities for business growth.
- Lead collection and follow up from industry and partner events
- Conduct research to identify market trends and industry events that HighVail can address with our services and solutions
- Develop and nurture leads through qualification
- Assist in the creation of sales communications.
- Utilize research tools such as Rain King / DiscoverOrg, to identify and develop potential sales leads for the Sales Team.
- Work closely with key vendors to build relationships and create opportunities.
- Other tasks as required.
What We Are Looking For
At least five years of experience in Business Development.
People who are serious about developing the marketplace.
Technically sound with strong business acumen who enjoy collaboration with others.
People who like a challenge – We are here to support you and help you grow!
Self-starters who are motivated to get the job done.
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Mature, personable, friendly, and can work productively in a dynamic, progressing and growing environment.
What You Get
Freedom to get your work done.
Career and skill development opportunities, including company sponsored training.
Varied work in which you will have regular learning opportunities.
Competitive salary and benefits.
Chance to participate in the Annual HighVail ‘Excellence Club’ trip.
Collaborative environment with colleagues who care.
Opportunities to work with a variety of technologies from multiple vendors.
An entrepreneurial environment in which you can make a real difference.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At HighVail, we understand that our differences help make us stronger. We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity for the benefit of each other, our customers, and our community. HighVail is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, colour, ethnic origin/ancestry, religion, sex/gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital/family status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.