Big Data and Analytics
According to The Economist, data has now surpassed oil as being the most valuable resource in the world. Data is constantly being generated by systems, applications, and people, with the volume, velocity, and variety of data growing at an exponential rate. With the explosion of data, most organizations have placed Big Data and Analytics at the top of their ‘to-do list’.
However, they struggle with how and where to get started, or how to expand their existing data usage.
The sheer volume, disparity, and silos of data within organizations present significant challenges to convert data into something actionable. However, now more than ever before, organizations demand actionable insights (intelligence) from their data, which has become critical to their success and survival.
But what is actionable insights, and how does it relate to Big Data? Actionable insights is a set of specific actions that has been identified from data that can benefit an organization.
Here are some examples:
- Increase sales and build customer loyalty
- Sally Beauty increased sales by 38% and their loyalty membership renewal rate by 15% using Alteryx in 2016
- Detect and automate responses to potential security threats
- Interac used Splunk to create a flexible, integrated security platform, improving their security posture while saving approximately $500,000 per year
- Optimize inventory levels to increase profitability
- Home Depot leveraged Alteryx to optimize their inventory levels, returning 2-4% to their bottom line
- Combine data to create a 360-degree of customers
- Rogers chose Hortonworks Data Platform to build a 360-degree of its customers across all its channels and businesses.
Boston Consulting Group found that, on average, organizations that are leaders at extracting insights from Big Data generate 12% more revenue, have faster growth rates, and have a greater ability to innovate than their peers.
At HighVail Systems, we take a comprehensive approach: engaging both businesses and IT users to establish business goals and key milestones; designing and implementing a modern Big Data platform; migrating data; and enabling self-service analytics and visualization.
HighVail Systems partners with industry leaders such as Hortonworks, Alteryx, and Splunk to deliver value and competitive differentiation to your organization in the following key areas:
- Hadoop platform design and deployment for Enterprise Data Lakes
- Data migration, cleansing, and preparation
- Integration with existing systems
- Operational Analytics for log, security, and applications
- Ability to quickly see value from data and reduce risks associated with deployment
- Maximize returns on your investments
HighVail Systems can help you sift through the buzz words. We can help you plan and execute a strategy to leverage the power of analytics in order to extract actionable insights and transform your organization. With HighVail, Big Data and Analytics are more than buzz words—they are building blocks to achieve transformative results for your organization.
Whether you are just beginning your journey with Big Data, or looking to improve an existing project, let HighVail Systems help your team take the next steps to gain actionable intelligence from your data.