Equal Opportunity Statement
At HighVail, we understand that our differences help make us stronger. We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity for the benefit of each other, our customers, and our community. HighVail is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, colour, ethnic origin/ancestry, religion, sex/gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital/family status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
What We Offer
Why Work for HighVail?
Perks & Benefits
Flexibility & Balance
Opportunity for Growth
Positions Currently Available
Platform & DevOps Specialist
Yonge St. & St. Clair Avenue, mid-town Toronto (fully remote enabled workforce)
Full Time, Permanent / Contract
Job Title / Position
Platform & DevOps Specialist
Applications Accepted via:
E-mail us at email@example.com, and please indicate the position applied for in the email subject line.
What You Will Do
In joining our team, your responsibilities will involve client-facing activities, both in pre- and post-sales capacities, internal functions related to both the operational infrastructure at HighVail as well as research, training and development efforts. Your primary duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
Be a SME around Dev/Ops, Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Version Control and Configuration Management (CM), Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Deployment (CD) using technologies such as Ansible, Puppet, Git, Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.
What We're Looking For
- Strong Unix/Linux system administration skills (minimum 3 years)
- RHCSA/RHCE certification would be a great asset
- Experience with RHV, IdM, and Satellite would be an asset
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Ansible, Chef or an equivalent management tool used for CI/CD (minimum 1 year)
- Ability to provide input into solution design, development, build & deployment management and operation processes, and help to automate and streamline our customer needs
- Experience with version control systems such as Bitbucket/Git, TFS and other CI/CD tools e.g. Rundeck, Jenkins, Terraform, Kitchen, Packer, Vagrant, etc.
- Experience working in customer facing roles with capability of working at a customer site
- At this time, we are only accepting applications from Canadian Citizens and Canadian Permanent Residents who have resided within Canada for a minimum of 2 years.
Other Great Skills to Have
Knowledge in containers such as Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm, Openshift
Knowledge in cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud
What You'll Get From Us
Freedom to get your work done
A Linux Academy account for personal growth and development
Career and skill development opportunities
The ability to work with the operating system that you prefer
Competitive salary and benefits
A fully functioning lab environment to work in
A fun corporate culture with colleagues who care
Opportunities to work with a variety of partners and tech
An entrepreneurial environment in which you can make a real difference
Who We Are
Founded in 2003 and with roots in IT infrastructure, HighVail supports our clients as they navigate through complexities of modernizing traditional data center infrastructure and capitalizing on the value created by transformation. Modernizing platforms, application and data management solutions are our specialty.
Our culture is built on entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to excellence, caring for people, and dependability. More than just a team, we are a closely-knit family of professionals that are passionate about technology.
At this time we are ONLY accepting direct applications from candidates. Start date TBD (Summer/Fall 2021). Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Interested? Email your resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We share an entrepreneurial spirit, supported with a passion for learning and challenging the boundaries of IT.
News & Events
Register to join us at our upcoming virtual live sessions, and see the industry events we will be attending.
Questions? Comments? We encourage you to contact us by clicking the link below.